I am, at heart a digital marketer. For the last decade I have stayed up-to-date with the latest forms of inbound marketing and digital lead generation techniques, tried and tested numerous social media strategies and devised and deployed many video marketing campaigns to great effect.
However, one of the key things that I have found is that there will always be a strong and pressing need for telemarketing, if you want to win high value B2B clients. Although I do predict that effective telemarketing will evolve in to a whole new beast.
So here are 5 reasons why telemarketing will never die and how you can embrace it to not only convert more prospects into customers but also harness the power of digital to make it even more effective.
- Identify people’s need. Without a proper well-planned conversation it is practically impossible to identify the real needs of your customers. Of course you can rely on well-optimised blog posts that answer peoples questions from well-implemented keyword research, but how many keywords are you actually ranking for and how much are you reliant on this strategy? Just focusing on SEO is historically a slow and risky bet.
- Building Rapport. People buy from people they trust. If you don’t interact 1on1 with your prospect it will seriously jeopardise your pipeline. Now don’t get me wrong, there is a digital solution here and one of which I am a huge advocate for… video marketing. Video marketing is an incredibly powerful way to generate leads. Not only is it great for ranking in the search engines but it gives you an opportunity to say a message once and get it heard an infinite number of times and of course a great way of to build rapport with your prospects. However you still need a real conversation at the end of the sales funnel in order to close the deal or get that appointment.
- Pushing the pipeline. People don’t agree to meet you first time every time. One of the reasons Chartered Developments have stayed in business for so many years is that we understand that data needs to be nurtured over time. Without gently pushing people through the pipeline and speaking to them to overcome their objections you can and will lose many business opportunities by not engaging with them on the phone.
- Not all your customers are reading your blog posts! Many of the high value B2B appointments we set are for long standing traditional businesses. Their BDM’s and executives wont instinctively look online for solutions to their problems and won’t have time to engage with content as much as they should do. Bottom line… they need to be spoken to.
- Telemarketing converts better than anything. Email is great, to get people to a landing page, SEO is fantastic, to get people to a webpage, Video marketing is powerful to get people’s attention and to save you time saying the same thing over and over again and social media offers an easy and effective way to start new conversations with people you would have never found. However telemarketing is and always will be the most powerful and effective way of taking it to the next step and getting them to the end of your pipeline.
So what does the future look like and why should you always use Telemarketing?
Well the one thing you can be sure of is that telemarketing in its traditional sense will soon be over. Perhaps not this year or even the next but a change is coming and coming soon.
Imagine integrating all the benefits of digital marketing and combining it with the power of telemarketing – that’s the future.
With digital, you can get more people in to your pipeline faster and cheaper than ever before. Use it to filter, grade and cull the people that have zero interest in doing business with you without contacting them one by one and wasting valuable man hours.
…And then switch to telemarketing to call the people that show the greatest intent of wanting to do business with you.
So how do you do this?
Unleash the power of content marketing to pre warm your prospects and educate them about your products or services all by word of mouth. Enabling you to build a database and target them digitally first via email or social platforms then follow up those that show an interest, with a call.
Focus on pushing great quality content out online to attract people to your funnel and call people who organically opt in.
We recommend both.
Either way, is the perfect blend of digital and telemarketing strategies to save you time, connect with the masses and of course convert the highest amount of prospects to customers for the highest ROI yet.
Keen to learn more? Contact us here https://www.chartdev.co.uk/contact-us/